Friday, October 22, 2010

I have been a crazy mess.. and now im employed!

I graduated from school on the 30th of Sep.. took my written test on wed the 6th, practical on the 7th... then relaxed for the weekend. Then monday the 11th i went to send in my resume to my dream job.. i had already introduced myself to the manager months before, and told her to look for me, because i was going to be applying there! i asked if they were hiring, the front desk lady said i dont think so, then the manager looked up for a second, then smiled and said, i remember you! she asked if i could come in for an interview for the next day! i interviewed and it went amazing. they asked me for a second interview for the next day, wednesday the 13th to show them "what im made of"... i felt like i didnt do my best at all!!! i had to do a cut (that they showed me right after giving me a mannequin head).. and told me to do it, then give her highlights. then they LEFT! i was so nervous i felt like it took an eternity.. and they said that they would get back to me within a week.. and FINALLY.. they called me today!!! I GOT THE JOB! i will now be working at an Aveda salon called Remedez. i start tuesday and i cant be happier...
this was me right before going to interview.. i wore my "confidence shirt"

the past few weeks have been crazy, we are trying to find a new place to move to, pass tests, apply for jobs, all while trying to have faith that everything will be ok. i have to admit, im usually great at having faith, but this time i was able to lean on my amazing husband. i am so blessed to have him, and so blessed to have found a job so soon. i felt so stupid for turning a job down that i was offered a month ago, but i really felt like i needed to stay in orem and work for the job that i really wanted. all i can say, is God is good.. and he loves me!

4 comments:

Tony and Traci said...

Very nice Becca!! Congrats on the job! If Tony and I ever end up in Utah I'll definitely come to you.

Audra said...

That is so awesome! good for you Becca!

Stacie S-H said...

yayay congrats! having faith is hard sometimes..esp in today's economy and being offered a job its so tempting to just take it but im glad you stuck it out and landed your dream job. woot!

Katie said...

Woohoo! That's so cool, Becca! Congrats!!!