Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mckenzie Pearl Coughran

Mckenzie Pearl was born 9/17/2013 at 2:55pm weighing in at 8lb 4oz, 20 1/2in long.  The day started with having to go into the hospital at 7am to see if they could flip her since she was lying breach (if not then i would have to have a c section right after).  my prayers were answered and she flipped!  the doctor basically just pushes really hard on my stomach while gripping the head and spinning her... needless to say, i went ahead and got my good old epidural before she did that (since i was planning on getting one after being induced anyways, and its a painful procedure).  soon after i was induced and spent my time sleeping and talking about how wonderful drugs were- adam got some good laughs.  then after 30 mins of pushing little kenzie was born.  she had the cord wrapped around her neck and it was a scary moment as the nurses rushed into help her breath and start crying.  i am so glad that everything turned out alright and that we have our little girl here finally!


 its so sweet to see adam holding his little girl, and wellington is being quite the big brother- always rushing to her side when she cries, and then runs to me yelling baby crying!  his new job is the official diaper thrower-outer.. which he takes very seriously.  the first few weeks were a hard adjustment for him as he soon realized that he had to share mommies attention.
the stay in the hospital was fun with all the visitors we had (thanks for ordering up pizza chase and brittany!)  And I was so glad that my mother-in-law was able to take care of wellington while we were in the hospital.  our stay at home the first week was made a little easier with my sweet mom and sister coming down.





 now its been a little over a month since kenzies been here and i couldn't imagine my life without her. she is such a dainty little thing, and is never resistant to cuddles (but she is quite upset anytime you put her down).  i am soaking up having a newborn even more this time around, now that i know how fast they really do grow!

 i love her hair!!  and i love seeing her smile while she sleeps.






 one thing i do know is- even though sleep is hard to come by some days, i wouldn't have it any other way.  my kids are my life, my husband is my rock and sanity, and i love the life that heavenly father has blessed me with.

i was reading an article my friend from high school posted on Facebook titled, 8 silly things people say when i tell them i don't want kids.  after reading it i was filled with sadness!  it mainly talked about how wonderful being able to travel is, sleep, spend $ without worrying, and how her life with her and her husband (who also doesn't want kids) is perfectly happy without the stress and burden of kids.  my mind started spinning with what i should say to my friend who posted this but then i didn't.
its not my place to tell someone how they should feel or what they should do..  besides, who would ever sign up to feel sick and uncomfortable for 9 months, and then even think to do it again?  who would want to deal with a screaming baby in the grocery store along with a toddler having a melt down?

...i would...

i would, simply because i know that there is no other feeling in the world that can replace the joy my children bring me.  no amount of money or amazing trips would ever convince me into giving up seeing my little one smile in her sleep, or seeing my son grin when he learns something new.  i love knowing that i have a purpose besides just caring about myself.  i love the feeling i have when my kids rest their heavy heads on my shoulder and the only thing that will make them feel better is a hug and a kiss from mommy.  there is no other calling or purpose in life that is greater.  i am my kids mom.  i love raising them and seeing them grow, and if someone doesn't want that for themselves then fine, miss out on truly living life and knowing what it means to truly love someone unconditionally.

2 comments: