Friday, June 28, 2013

Six years!


This is my amazing husband.. for those of you who don't know, he is the best at spoiling and surprising me.  We always like to get away for just one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and this year felt even more special- with a crazy two year old and one tired pregnant lady, a night away felt so nice! He took me up to a tiny town in the mountains- Evergreen, and we stayed at a cute family owned bed and breakfast, that had the feeling of an updated cabin.  






 we didn't take many pictures, but this one captured my favorite thing about the place- the cute stream that ran through.. and sparkling cider.  haha.  it was so relaxing just sitting and talking with my sweetheart.











 We had fun walking around town and going to all the little stores and ate a lot!

I cant believe we have been married for six years.  I'm still in shock that there is a man that can put up with me and loves all of my weird quirks!  After six years of being with this awesome guy i have learned a few things- if you want to show him how much you love him, buy him root beer popsicles and let him watch baseball.  Getting all gussied up to impress him means- throwing your hair in a ponytail and wearing your glasses.. he wont even notice if you're wearing sweats without make up on.  Little things like seeing your sons face when you put him in his new pool floaty toy for the first time is something he cares about.. and don't even think about going to free zoo admission day.. he will gladly pay full price so that he doesn't miss this important event in his kids life.  If you buy him tools he will complain if you don't have a few dozen projects for him to build/complete for you.  He's competitive in practically everything- including who's sunday school lesson seems more fun/gets through to the kids more.  You don't have to be rich to be happy- you do have to say kind words and try thinking of the other person more than yourself though.  I'm so glad I married my best friend and that after six years, id still rather spend all my time with him rather than anyone else.  Happy six years Adam!  I am looking forward to many more!




No comments: