Monday, March 14, 2011

and i said yes

Adam proposed to me four years ago on this day! I have never really thought about all that we have been through and how much we have grown together over the years... mostly because we havnt been married for so long, but today it just hit me... we have grown so much! (or should i say i have grown so much.. 4 years ago i was only a senior in high school!)

Who would have thought that my parents would LET me get married a month after graduation?! People ask me about it and all i can think of is how crazy in love i was.. crazy enough to not realize how young i was. All i knew was that i couldnt imagine not marrying him. So i told my parents, that since there was no doubt in my mind that i was going to marry adam eventually, why not do it early and make sure that it would be a temple marriage? They had no doubt that adam was a great guy... my dad just asked adam if he was sure that he could handle me... (boy did he not know what he was getting himself into!)

My friends in high school remember the day i sat down at lunch and told them about this awesome guy i met.. and that if he wasnt so old, i would marry him. i said that a week after we met, and i was 16. Then, a year later they were shocked to find out that i was actually dating him... Then a year after that they were shocked that they were brides maids.

... and so was i

then a year passed..
2 years passed...
and 3 years passed...

and in june it will be 4..

... then in july we will fill one of these...

and looking back, i remember good times

-our first kiss on the beach.. and the hospital trip afterwords
-falling asleep on our futon that we moved to our balcony
-having dinner by our fireplace
-getting my first pet together
-going on trips
-cooking together... and the funny mess ups that happened along the way

and i remember the hard, sad or scary times...

-getting in a fight over buying socks when we couldnt afford to waste money
-the fear of packing up everything and moving to another state just because of a feeling we had
-adam getting laid off, then me getting fired.. in the same week
-how adam held me and still holds me while i cry about my dads cancer

We have been through a lot together... and we still have so many years to go. There is something that my dads illness has made me realize more than ever... be grateful for the time you have, and be glad for the wonderful blessing of being sealed in the temple. What a comfort it is to me, that on the day when i said yes, it meant that i was saying yes to forever with my sweetheart.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad you said yes! I know we don't get to hang out much anymore (and I STILL can't believe I didn't get to come to visit you guys!), but I really miss you guys. You're such a great couple! You both are fabulous advocates for marriage.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your dad. We are praying for him and you and your family.

Tony and Traci said...

Seriously the cutest thing ever. We miss you guys.

normaneugene said...

Becca, you made me get all tearry eyed. I'm so glad you said yes!

normaneugene said...

okay, that last comment was from amy. I guess I ca't comment from mom and dad's computer