Monday, February 8, 2010

steak!

Valentines day is going to be a very special day for me... it will be the day that I cook steak for the first time in my life! I was very excited when I got the idea (what a concept.. make steak myself since Valentines day is sunday, and all of the restaurants are very busy anyways). So I was practically skipping along the aisles as I went to pick out steak, then when I got there I realized that I have no clue when kind to pick out or how the heck to cook it. My family only BBQs it, and I dont have a BBQ. So- question of the week dear blogspot buddies...

how do I cook it? Should I do it in the oven or on the stove top or both. How long will it take, what temp do I cook it at etc. I was told to marinate it 24hrs in advance, and Im planning to marinate it with salsa. If you guys have any advice whatsoever I would be grateful!

2 comments:

Tony and Traci said...

It depends on what kind of steak you get but I found this article doing a google search. I hope it helps :) http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474976740712&grpId=3659174697238617

Coughrans said...

I've been cooking for over 40 years and still have problems with steak. One problem is that you can't buy restaurant quality steaks at the store. try the food network or martha stewert web sites