Saturday, July 18, 2009

cosmetology school here i come!

who would have thought that the girl who accidentally dyed her hair orange would be doing...
this to other people??

So i am pretty darn excited to be starting cosmetology school in september. Adam kind of gave me the idea, after i cut his hair and was really excited about how well i have gotten at it, and how instead of taking 2 and 1/2 hours to cut his hair (that was me 2 years ago when we got married).. to now, cutting it in 15 minutes... (it could be less if he would ever let me use the buzzer on the top part instead of cutting it by hand). He mentioned how great it would be to be able to cut my own kids hair, along with other peoples while i am a stay at home mom. I couldnt agree more! Ever since he mentioned that, i have been researching and found out that there are at least 12 hair schools right around where i live! I chose Dallas Roberts because it is the only one that has been around long enough to offer Pel Grants, so practically all of my school will be paid for. I will be having a very busy year but i am glad that i will have a skill that will last a life time and have a great way to earn extra money while im a mom, and some money until i become one!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I had a roommate who left BYU after her freshmen year to go to cosmetology school. After school she worked at one of the best salons in the nation and last I heard opened up her own. I think it's a great idea. I know you'll love it.

Katie said...

Awesome!!! I think you'd be great. You're a total people person and I think you'd make your clients feel very comfortable and I'm sure you'll do a great job. What a great thing to be able to do to cut your family budget and work from home too if you choose!