Saturday, October 31, 2009

crazy things happen, but it always works out

Adam and i are all moved into our new place! We LOVE it, and will post some pictures soon. Thank you to all that helped us move (especially dad for staying up the night before to finish rebuilding his new trailer, so that we could use it).

Also, for those of you that dont know, the mom of the girls i nanny got laid off, so i got laid off last week. However I just got hired on at Target, and even though its not my favorite job, I am so grateful that I found a job sooo fast. So i will be working there until she finds another job.

Also, another stressful thing that happened last week was my HUGE test for cosmetology. I am happy to say that I passed all of them and i am officially working "on the floor" cutting hair and so forth.

ALSO, another thing that I found out last week was that my dad is diagnosed with cancer. It came as a huge shock, because he was fine a few weeks ago, he just had a stomach ache that wouldnt go away. He had some tests run, and they found some little polyps (i think thats what they are called) in his stomach. They didnt look like cancer, but they still went into surgery to remove them (along with a foot and 1/2 of his digestive system and his appendix). While they were in surgery they found a baseball size tumor, that they removed (which was tested for cancer and came back positive). He is a level 3 (one a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the worst) already. So right now he is recovering from his surgery and will start chemotherapy in a month.

Last week was honestly the worst week of my life. It felt like my whole world was crashing down- i had to go through moving, loosing my job then interviewing for others, dealing with huge tests, all while knowing that my dad now has cancer.

I have had to really depend on Heavenly Father, and i know that he has been carrying me through all of this. I have such a strong testimony that he really does love me and that everything will work out in the end. I am so glad to know that no matter what happens, my family will be together forever, and that life never ends at death. I also know that whatever doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger.

2 comments:

Audra said...

wow what a week! i hope that things get better and that you dad will recover nicely, our prayers are with you.

Tony and Traci said...

I heard about your dad. I hope everything turns out ok. You guys really did have a crazy week.