Saturday, July 11, 2009

home made mashed potatoes!!!


every time i got to applebees i always get their steak and loaded mashed potatoes. i love their mashed potatoes- they are creamy, cheesy, and oh so delightful.

i am ashamed to admit this, but before today i had never made mashed potatoes. no doubt, ive made my share of INSTANT m.p. but never the real deal. my mom only made real mp at thanksgiving, so i was use to the taste of fake potatoes.

anyway, long story short... i tried to make them how they are at applebees... and they turned out wonderful! i didnt even look up a recipe, and i heard that you are suppose to boil them until they are tender, so i did so, then blended them up, because i am too impatient for a potato masher. and thats it, i cant stop smiling, and i have no clue why i am so excited, but i am. excited and proud.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Self-efficient actions turning out successful. That ALWAYS makes me smile! You know, I think they sell bacon bits at Costco in the section with all of the seasonings, lemon juice, etc. Glad they turned out so well!

Amy said...

Becca you make me laugh. I don't know of any "recipies" for mashed potatoes. I've NEVER made instant potatoes. I don't think I could eat them. I have to admitt. There are so many recommendations on how to properly boil an egg, I still sometime look it up. What did you add to them to make them like applebees?

Stacie S-H said...

you make my mouth water. I LOVE home made mashed potatoes!

Unknown said...

amy, if it wasnt for me seeing you make mashed potatoes, i dont think i would have even thought to mix them with a hand blender. i know im pathetic! haha.. i just added milk.. idk how much, along with a little bit of butter, salt and pepper to taste, and sour cream and grated cheese. i wish i had bacon bits, but i dont, and i would have added green onions, but adam's not a fan.

Tony and Traci said...

homemade mashed potatoes are wonderful. but then again so are instant.