Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ShirleyJ!!


A month or so ago a new cooking store opened up a few blocks from my house. Today I went in for the first time to see what all of these excited relief society women have been talking about. Now, I know why they were so excited... and I am too now.

So they sell different powder mixes that you just have to add water to. They come in bulk, and have a shelf life of 20+ years, and compared to canned food, it is ten times cheaper. They have a lot of different products for pancakes, brownies, muffins, pizza sauces, meat spices, gravies etc. Their main one is a cream soup base and sauce mix... and they have tons of supper easy recipes on their website, shirleyj.com.

But best of all.. when I went in, they gave me a free sample of their cream soup base... and I am excited to try something new and easy for dinner tonight. I know I get excited over stupid things really easily... but come on, free samples?? I'm in love. They also have free weekly cooking classes. Yay! Utah has changed me... I love scrap booking, and I get excited about food storage products.

4 comments:

Katie said...

So cool! I want to check their website. Maybe you can order stuff online?

Stacie S-H said...

You CAN order stuff on their site. I just checked it out. Looks pretty cool. Man. I might have to move to Utah! Lol jk jk. Or at least, visit that store when I come to hang out for a wknd!

Tony and Traci said...

I too am a sucker for samples. I love going to costco when they have all the tables out. It doesn't even matter that I already had lunch that day. I can't resist. I'm glad you found something so exciting. I will have to take a look at it. :)

galbraith's said...

hey that looks awesome! when i come out to visit in august you will have to take me there!